Friday, July 23, 2021

Birthday Geraniums

 


Greetings from Central CA, where our temps are just perfect for ripening fruit.
Not so perfect for long walks, outdoor picnics and much needed gardening.
So I'm indoors, crafting, playing with the new Greetery Summer release!


Botanicuts: Geraniums... LOVE! 
Trying the die cuts with watercolors, and kept a loose, let it happen touch.
Here's my technique: Die cut from watercolor cardstock, light spray with water, touch
with paint, it happens!
Once the pieces are dry, you can add deeper color to accentuate the veins, or not,
your choice.



I love to make envelopes special too. And find Betsy's stamps ideal to compliment the
cards. Her style coordinates throughout each release. They work so  well with each
other. Also love having a birthday stash ready to go!


Watercolor tips?
Don't overwork, keep it loose, above all enjoy the process. And, toss what you
don't like! Remember what colors work well together and what create mud, and
you're good to go!

Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
The Greetery: Botanicuts: Geraniums, Postal Frame, Window Pane Plaid BG, 
Pretty Postmarks, Birthday Blooms, Let's Have a Word: Birthday

Memory Box: Garden Folly designer paper, Fairy Jewels

Altenew: Inks




4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the watercolor of your flowers and leaves. I am so bad at it no matter how hard I try. It doesn't have the predictability of something like Copics. Your colors are so vibrant and I adore the geraniums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I appreciate your tips for the loose water coloring too! On a stroll through town I told my husband about Betsy's new geranium cuts and tried to explain how realistic they are. He thought your rendition was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Nancy, this is gorgeous! I am so in awe of everything you make! I had to get my water colors out and try this. It didn't come out as pretty as yours, but I loved doing it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!