Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Sweet as Honey with the Greetery

 


FINALLY had a chance to play with the Greetery's newest release. It's been the
busiest summer, and there's no end in sight. Won't bore with all the details, but...
have to say, I relish any time I can enjoy in the craft cave!


Sweet and Sunny is a collection of summer's best, including a honey jar and stir
stick. We have had bee hives on the farm,  and they're a joy from start to finish.
Bees are essential for fruit trees, pollinating varieties for best harvest.
Have you ever eaten a honeycomb? We gather them up at the end of summer and
keep them throughout the year. 


My honey jar has a double cloth skirt, and the stir stick has a bit of pencil shading.


So much sweetness in this card, I decided to do a few more with different Buzz 
Worthy sentiments.


Kelly Lunceford added Nuvo drops to her stir stick, which I thought adorable.
No Nuvo drops in honey color, so I created my own, and I'll share it with you.


Recipe for dripping honey: Glossy Accents + Re-Inker
I used 1 drop Altenew's Butternut. Stir into a plastic throw away cup. 
I poured it onto the stir stick and moved the stick around for a minute until
the 'honey stayed where I wanted it. then, be sure to let it dry.

Have a great week!











3 comments:

  1. Spectacular card, Nancy! Love every fabulous detail! I've said it before and I'll say it again... you should be on The Greetery DT because you use their products so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nancy!! This is incredible!! I agree with Lisa, that you should be on their design team. Happy summer, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'll third the thought Nancy...you should definitely (bee) on the Greetery DT!! This card is a STUNNER with all sorts of goodness, and just makes me smile from ear to ear!! I need to get busy and get my honey jar set out and play...I've been a little preoccupied with the Dragonfly though! Haha!! But anyway, GORGEOUS card my friend, and thanks for the tip with the GA and re-inker for the honey...will definitely have to try that!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!