Sunday, September 20, 2015

A 'Pop' of Autumn


Curtain Call Challenge has some fun 
inspiration up this week.


Looking through my stamps, I don't think I have
anything 'popcorn', so I went with 
a PTI stamp set that reminded me of trees
that change with the season, and kept with
the colors in the photo.
For the kraft bags, I used kraft card stock, and stamped with a tree from Autumn Hills
to make a wallpaper bg.
The Bookmark tag (also PTI) was stamped with
PTI's Plaid Builder, similar to the colors of the plaid bow around the 
popcorn bowl.


Hard to see, but the hills picture frame was masked before adding the stripes.
Colored with watercolor pencils, and shaded around the frame with grey.

And for the silver scoop, the vellum embossed leaves (Branching Out).
Just a few little touches of green, the hills and the stitched leaf behind the 
fussy cut pumpkins.
Play along all week here:

7 comments:

  1. Nancy I just adore this PTI set... and OH you captured the little popcorn bags, which I totally didn't even see!! Very sweet, and I also LOve your background stamping!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute, cute card Nancy! I love how you masked the scene with the plaid background and all the beautiful colors you used! I have the Winter, Spring, & Summer Hills sets, but just realized I don't have the Autumn set and now I'm wondering why?!! Oh well, another one to add to my ever growing wish list!! But anyway, beautiful card...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore the BG paper and lovely colouring of the focal image. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful masking for the gorgeous plaid! I think you picked a great stamp to use and I love all the seasons .The silver leaves look amazing! This is a showstopper again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy I love your take on the inspiration! Such a lovely card from the background to the gorgeous silver leaves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy this is a darling card for the challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Fall card Nancy. Love the scene with the autumn colors The touch of silver on the vellum leaf branch looks wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!