Saturday, September 12, 2020

All Blessings Flow

 


Blessings, everyone! 
I had the chance to ink up the new 'All Blessings Flow'
from the latest Greetery release.


I'm in love with the font of the verse and how amazing it
looks surrounded by the flora included in the set.


The die cuts were fitted in my Misti and sponge stamped many times
for a watery multicolored look.


I just had to try the new Square Dance die, so I did a 
second card, this time die cutting the font before adding
it with foam tape.


This time I tucked the sprigs and berries around the verse


I don't have a recipient for either card in mind. It really 
is a blessing I needed, reminding myself to praise God in
all circumstances.


I live in California's Central Valley, very near the fires that 
have ravaged the sierras. As of today, nearly 200,000 acres
have been lost. We have a family cabin near one of the lakes
in the Sierra Nevada Range, and, thank God, our cabin still stands.
But I am aware that many lost homes, and even the road that
leads up to hills is impassable. 

The fires all over California have been horrendous, sending
choking smoke and ash for miles into our valley. At one
point, the valiant firefighters formed a rim around the town
of Shaver, and would not let the fire advance! They saved
all but a few cabins and stores. So profoundly grateful to
them!


Our forests and redwoods are the jewels of our state, and to watch them 
burn breaks my heart!


Thank you for letting me share a bit of my heart today.
Card Creating has been a joy of mine for years. And 
through the stamps and making cards, I remember the blessings 
and rewards being creative brings, in good times and bad.





6 comments:

  1. Your cards are absolutely beautiful Nancy! You've used those Greetery items to perfection. Those photos of the fires are heartbreaking. Prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. Your words always bring a huge smile!

      Delete
  2. Oh Nancy...your post is both beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time! Your cards are both absolutely lovely, and you're already making me regret not getting the Praise God set! The photos of the fires is so devastating, and I can only imagine what all of you are going through! Sending many, many prayers your way my friend and to your whole state. Stay safe friend!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marcia. We are living in a surreal world at the base of the Sierras. Smokey skies and ash everywhere. Praying for relief and rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marisela Delgado said: Nancy, your email and photos made me cry. So poignant to praise the Lord in the middle of so much tragedy and chaos like your beautiful card. HE is our salvation and protection. 2020 has served to remind us what is really important and in Who we have our existence and salvation. My heart breaks for your state and neighbors, but especially for the little animals caught in the fires. May the Lord forgive us for how this country and world has turned their backs on Him. �� I am praying for you and your neighbors. My heart breaks for all of the people affected. Be safe and may the Lord be a very real presence for you and your neighbors, but especially those brave firefighters. Your friend in San Antonio, Texas, Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!