Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Card Concept: Summer Harvest


Hello! The Card Concept is back folks, although they had a summer edition. We
begin again with fall,
And we have this challenge photo to inspire.

My inspiration came from the sunflowers, and this is my card,


Marybeth Lopez included this embossed sunflower in her recent 12 Kits package, and I
saved it for this post. Magnificent Sunflower by Memory Box was embossed and ready
to paint! I chose to use my Metallic watercolors and call this card, Mixed Media.


The luminance is amazing! Sentiment by a new stampset called Beatitudes 1 by
Stamp Simply.
Background paper: Memory Box.

The Card Concept designer have some gorgeous inspiration for you. Be
sure to read our rules, and come have fun with our fall challenge!

See you in the lineup!



6 comments:

  1. Nancy, this sunflower painted in metallics is simply stunning! I can just imagine how striking is looks in real life. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this is GORGEOUS Nancy!! I bet the shimmer in real life is FABULOUS!! You've painted this sunflower so beautifully...lovely, lovely card my friend!! And don't you just love the line of inspirational stamps/sentiments from the Stamp Simply company?!! I have a couple of their sets and just love them! Hope you are doing well...still praying daily for you and everyone in California right now! Hang in there my friend. Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, this is beyond gorgeous... my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Nancy, I love the subtle undertones you brought to the beautiful coloring on your card. The soft shades of light purple, a little blu and silver - -it really makes this pretty flower pop!
    Warm Hugs,
    Michele K. Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Sunflower is breathtaking, and even more so colored with metallic watercolors.
    Could you tell me what kind of paper did Marybeth used to emboss it? It looks like it took the watercolors beautifully.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    XO
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!