Thursday, October 13, 2022

Harvey and Me

 


Anybody else head over heels with Tim Holtz' newest release? Love, love love, 
Harvey. He's a sweet, petite soldier guy, you can colorize any way you like. And
I like! So much do I like Harvey, I did 3 cards, and plan to do more.


Harvey can be dressed and festooned, with or without eyes and a mustache, boots, gold, boots,
any color, and anything else you want to add. 


Harvey no. 1 is dressed in bright red. And I borrowed the idea of putting him in front of
TH's iron gates, from one of the TH designers, which are really for Halloween, but are so 
darn clever I couldn't resist.
The background, ah yes, the background. Well, I don't know what it is. I found the 
embossed panel in my stash, rubbed pine oxide ink over it, then lightly rubbed copper
paste over the lifted images.
The banner is a combo of TH Deck the Halls and a leftover banner from the
Greetery (Joy to the World?)


Card 2, features Harvey on a swag built with dies from Holiday Brushstroke 3.
All over Tree Rings EF. Let me just say, this panel started off white. Then rubbed 
with Oxide Inks until I was happy.  
Be Merry: The Greetery


Harvey no. 3 took me the longest. I don't know, every thing I did just didn't
see to come together. I was finally happy with this version. 
Here's the recipe:
Background: TH Layered Plaid, which is 3 dies
Oval: Memory Box
Background in pink: TH Pine Branches
Harvey

Candy Cane & Presents: TH Santa's Helper

and Tree: Twig & Stump

thanks for hanging in, hope you enjoyed!












5 comments:

  1. I can see why you're nuts for this dapper little dude! I saw these on FB and had to let you know how cute they are! I love all three cards, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, LOVE all 3 of these Harvey's Nancy! Your backgrounds and all the details make each one of these works of art! Tim would be SO proud of what you made and me too!! FABULOUS cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with Harvey and all three of your amazing cards! I'm so glad you persevered to the end on card #3 because it is my favorite. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harvey is certainly adorable and your cards are fabulous Nancy. The last one is my fav too but then I'm a sucker for plaid at any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your little soldiers. I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!