Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Playing Cards With Friends



Guess what? Today's a playdate with a friend. Yep. We're 'Playing Cards With
Friends' today. My sweet and talented friend, Michele Ferguson from I Card Everyone
asked if I'd like to join her and create a card. Delightful!


Michele gave these parameters: 
Make a card for a neighbor or friend, and hand deliver it.
Flowers are always welcome, in fact, let's make them die cut flowers.
Include a kind sentiment.


Check, check and check! And if you look closely, I added an embossed background,
something I always swoon over on Michele's beautifully crafted cards.


I have a neighbor I've known a long time. She's extraordinary, talented, beautiful and
caring. I can't wait to let her know how much I appreciate her friendship.

Well, Michele... If you lived near me, you'd get this card, but as it is, 
I'm happy to share it with a dear neighbor and friend.

Let's all run over to Michele's blog to see her creation.
Happy Day, everyone!


One last mention before you go, the 17th of this month is:
Pretty fitting that we made a kindness card, isn't it?

Thanks, Michele. I had a wonderful time. Hope we can play together again some time!

💕


And... as promised a card, with patterned paper, same die set, new colors, and a 
sentiment for Random Acts of Kindness Day, which is today.  
Michele, lets do this again!



17 comments:

  1. First of all - this sentiment? I smile when I think of YOU, too! Nancy, I'm head over heels in love with your layered bouquet - you've won me over to the blue side, my friend! The colors of cardstock are playing so beautifully together and you've planted them on such a beautiful embossed panel - something very dear to my card-making heart.
    I had such a wonderful time wearing my 'Nancy hat' while making my card - which turned into a second one that is one its way to you!
    Thank you so much for accepting my invitation to Play Cards! YESSSS let's do it again soon! xx
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is just STUNNING Nancy!! And to think blue wasn't really a favorite color of mine till about a year ago, and now I can't get enough! And on top of all the blue, you used a die set that Birgit just gifted me for my birthday this week, so now I can CASE you! This truly is a lovely, lovely card Nancy, and I know your neighbor is going to LOVE it too! So glad to hear you and Michele got to play together too...always FUN when she's in the mix!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bouquet of die cut flowers is lovely, Nancy, and they really pop on the navy background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning in blue tones, Nancy! The embossed navy background is so deep and rich. What a beautiful background for this lovely spray of blooms. I especially like the sentiment. Your work always inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On Instagram your post followed Michele's so I instantly saw the two cards together! The colors are sophisticated and charming! Thanks for the inspiration! Vikki H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm enchanted by these pretty blues and greens against the deep blue background! Your gorgeous card packs a beautiful punch, Nancy! I'm glad you played cards with Michele today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy, I've come from Michele's blog to see your card and boy, what a stunner it is! I love those gorgeous blues and the greens you chose. The flowers are arranged so beautifully. The sentiment is perfect, who wouldn't feel special getting this gorgeously stunning card?! Oops, did you forget your pattern paper like Michele did. LOL You ladies rock, as both of you made absolutely gorgeous cards! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is one gorgeous card, Nancy! I love these bright flowers on the dark blue embossed background! I smile when I think of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving all of the pretty blues you've layered together! PRETTY PRETTY card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Wow! The colors, the flowers, the texture and that oh so sweet sentiment -- I love it! Where'd you find that wonderful one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredibly gorgeous card. The colors play so well together in their die cut playground. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card! Lucky you playing with Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty floral card, Nancy! The layers and the color combo are so beautiful! The background dry embossing is subtle but effective. You and Michele did an amazing job for the Playing Cards with Friends!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad I popped over from Michele's blog...this card is really lovely Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Nancy! Such beautiful paper!! Now did you deliver it?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't allow blogger to represent me as ANONYMOUS! LOve it, can't wait until you can deliver it to your neighbor!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!